Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Tale of...

There have been a few questions as to how this blog will unfold. To tell the truth, I haven't the foggiest idea (That's not entirely true. However, by making that statement if something spectacular occurs it comes off as spontaneous and genius. If it is just *meeh* I can disavow how much it sucks by saying "What do you expect, I wasn't even really trying") Seriously though, the first intention is to provide an account of the process behind putting together a graphic novel.
"There's that term again (see the last post)! What is this nut job talking about?" Yeah, I know, insider techno babble soon leaves the reader scratching their head in confusion. A look plastered on their face that suggest I've just slapped them with a wet fish. Don't worry, I promise I won't use terminology that is so inside it leaves the casual reader cursing my name and taking an oath of vengeance. If I do, I'll be sure to explain it in terms that make it more relateable. So, having said that...a "Graphic Novel" is basically a giant comic book. I find that the medium shares some parallels with film that I'd like to experiment with and explore. One of the more intriguing aspects of the medium being the implied sense of motion through the use of still illustrations. You'll also occasionally come across a post entitled "Writers Rant". In these entries you may read random thoughts on events in my life that I felt compelled to put up and comment on (and they may have absolutely nothing to do with the project....it may also be a sign that I slipped up and needed something to post)
Now that we've gotten that out of the way, everyone sit back, take a read, and question my sanity out loud.

No comments: